I’m not one that really eats many desserts just because I stopped eating sugar a long time ago. But one thing that I can’t ever deny myself is banana bread. OMG, it’s my favorite ever. If I could eat anything I wanted and not feel unwell afterward I’d wish it would be banana bread! and closely after, Tim Tams and cream buns fresh from the bakery… Yum!!! But that no dairy life has made me not used to dairy products and so now it just causes havoc on my health and digestive system! It’s honestly a small price to pay because I feel so much better and happier not consuming dairy, sugar, and gluten.
So I was looking for recipes to make a delicious banana bread recipe and honestly, there wasn’t one that really stood out to me. SO i experimented and had a bit of fun making my own variation…and I absolutely love it! I love it so much just the other day I finished the half and have no regrets because it’s super healthy and made with so many great ingredients!
I would never suggest anyone try eating that much in one sitting because moderation is really healthy and important.
What I did notice is this banana bread taste divine when slightly warmed and taste delectable with almond butter spread on top. So that’s definitely something I would recommend you try.
As with all my recipes, I want you to feel free to use your magic and make what you love. If you’d rather use honey than stevia, go for it. If you don’t have buckwheat flour use brown rice flour or spelt flour instead. But for me, this recipe is great as is and I would love for you to let me know what you think of it.
- 168g/ 6 oz Buckwheat Flour
- 4.5g/ 0.16 oz Ground Cinnamon
- 1 + 1/2 tsp. Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp. Organic Stevia Extract
- 40g/ 1.4 oz Chia Seeds + 135 ml/ 4.5 fl oz of water
- 327g/ 11.5 oz Banana
- 35g/ 1.23 oz Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
- 33g/ 1.16 oz Walnuts, roughly chopped
- 30g/ 1.06 oz 90% Lindt Chocolate, broken in small tiny chunks
- Preheat your oven to 320 Fahrenheit / 160-Celsius
- Create your chia eggs by combining chia seeds and water together. Using a whisk will make the combining part really easy. Keep whisking (stirring) the chia seeds and water until they form a nice gel. Then allow them to sit for 10 minutes
- Combine your first 7 ingredients into your food processor. Starting with your flour and finishing with your delicious coconut oil.
- Blend in your food processor until it's completely combined and smooth.
- Add your roughly chopped walnuts and chocolate chunks into the mixture and combine gently using your spoon
- line or grease your loaf pan (12 inches by 4.4 inches)
- Pour your mixture into your loaf pan and bake for 45 minutes
- Check your banana bread at the 30-minute mark and keep a close eye every 5 minutes from then to endure it doesn't burn
- Sit your banana bread for 15 minutes until to firm and cool completely before removing it from your pan.
- Divide your banana bread into 10 perfect slices.
Nutritional Information Per Serve (makes 10 servings):
177 Calories/ 9.1g Fat (4.4g Saturated)/ 23g Carbs (4.7g Fiber, 4.8g Sugar)/ 4g Protein
11% RDA Iron / 8% RDA Calcium / 5% RDA Vitamin C / 7% RDA Potassium / 19% RDA Magnesium / 6% RDA Zinc / 5% Folate
You could sub buckwheat flour for wholemeal spelt flour, oat flour, or brown rice flour.You could sub 3 chia eggs for eggs if desiredYou could double chocolate and omit walnuts if desiredYour banana bread is freezable and tastes amazing re-warmedKeeps in fridge for 7 days perfectly